- Waves and Oscillations - Wavelength, Frequency, Amplitude and Speed of Sound - Harmonics, Overtones and Music - Wave Propagation - Sound Localization - Wave Propagation, diffusion, absorption and deflection - Phases - Mono and Stereo - Frequency Response, Octave Ranges
- Voltage, Power, Resistance, Capacitance - AC and DC - Resistors,Capacitors, Diodes, Triodes and Vaccum Tubes - Transformers, Rheostats, Moving Coil Principles - Faradays Law and Flux - Class A and Class B amplifiers - Hi-fi Amplification - Preamps Electronics - EQ Compressors and Gates
Basics of Micing
- Diaphragm Movement - Larynx and Difference between male and female diaphragms - Dynamic Microphone - Condenser Microphones and capacitance - Ribbon Microphones - XY, AB, micing techniques - Mid-Side, ORTF and Bluemlien Pair - Polar Patterns and Frequency Response
- Introduction to MIDI - Using MIDI in workflow - Designing sounds and working with softsynths - Introduction to Synthesis - Working with different styles of arrangements - Octaves and Voicings - Advanced Production Techniques
- AD & DA - Sample Rate, Bit Depth, Clock - File Formats - Pro Tools 101 - Routing and Signal Chain - Setting up Hardware - Analog Vs Digital - Pro Tools 111 - Nuendo (DAW) Basics - Logic (DAW) Basics
- Room Modes - Resonances - Golden ratios - Tangential, axial and Oblique mode - Rt60 - Decibels, FS and VU - Speaker Placement - Isolated Construction - SBIR - Sketchup and Room Design
Ronak Runwal is the co founder of Gray Spark Audio Academy. He formed the Academy with the goal to equip students with the skill sets needed to be competent audio professionals. Ronak has worked as a Recording / Mixing and Mastering Engineer for over 10 years . He has also worked as a Chief Acoustician for multiple projects across the country and brings his cumulative experience in these fields to train the students of our Academy.
With over 10 years of experience behind the glass, Harshad knows what music needs to sound like and what needs to be done to get it to that point.