- Waves and Oscillations - Wavelength, Frequency, Amplitude and Speed of Sound - Harmonics, Overtones and Music - Wave Propagation - Sound Localization - Wave Propagation, diffusion, absorption and deflection - Phases - Mono and Stereo - Frequency Response, Octave Ranges
- Voltage, Power, Resistance, Capacitance - AC and DC - Resistors,Capacitors, Diodes, Triodes and Vaccum Tubes - Transformers, Rheostats, Moving Coil Principles - Faradays Law and Flux - Class A and Class B amplifiers - Hi-fi Amplification - Preamps Electronics - EQ Compressors and Gates
Basics of Micing
- Diaphragm Movement - Larynx and Difference between male and female diaphragms - Dynamic Microphone - Condenser Microphones and capacitance - Ribbon Microphones - XY, AB, micing techniques - Mid-Side, ORTF and Bluemlien Pair - Polar Patterns and Frequency Response
- Introduction to MIDI - Using MIDI in workflow - Designing sounds and working with softsynths - Introduction to Synthesis - Working with different styles of arrangements - Octaves and Voicings - Advanced Production Techniques
- AD & DA - Sample Rate, Bit Depth, Clock - File Formats - Pro Tools 101 - Routing and Signal Chain - Setting up Hardware - Analog Vs Digital - Pro Tools 111 - Nuendo (DAW) Basics - Logic (DAW) Basics
- Room Modes - Resonances - Golden ratios - Tangential, axial and Oblique mode - Rt60 - Decibels, FS and VU - Speaker Placement - Isolated Construction - SBIR - Sketchup and Room Design
Ronak is the cofounder of Gray Spark Audio. He formed the academy with the goal to equip students with the skillsets needed to be a competent audio professional.
Nitin Joshi has a unique approach towards sound engineering. He has recorded, mixed and mastered innumerable albums for major record labels like Times Music, Sony, EMI Virgin etc.