- Waves and Oscillations - Wavelength, Frequency, Amplitude and Speed of Sound - Harmonics, Overtones and Music - Wave Propagation - Sound Localization - Wave Propagation, diffusion, absorption and deflection - Phases - Mono and Stereo - Frequency Response, Octave Ranges
- Voltage, Power, Resistance, Capacitance - AC and DC - Resistors,Capacitors, Diodes, Triodes and Vaccum Tubes - Transformers, Rheostats, Moving Coil Principles - Faradays Law and Flux - Class A and Class B amplifiers - Hi-fi Amplification - Preamps Electronics - EQ Compressors and Gates
Basics of Micing
- Diaphragm Movement - Larynx and Difference between male and female diaphragms - Dynamic Microphone - Condenser Microphones and capacitance - Ribbon Microphones - XY, AB, micing techniques - Mid-Side, ORTF and Bluemlien Pair - Polar Patterns and Frequency Response
- Introduction to MIDI - Using MIDI in workflow - Designing sounds and working with softsynths - Introduction to Synthesis - Working with different styles of arrangements - Octaves and Voicings - Advanced Production Techniques
-Introduction to Pro Tools -History of Avid -Types of Protools System -Basic Recording -Signal Flow, i/o, playback, preferences, buffer size -Hardware Software Configuration -Editing/ Time Quantization -Beat Detective, TCE, Types of Grids, Manual editing, Elastic Audio -Introduction to MIDI -Balancing
- Room Modes - Resonances - Golden ratios - Tangential, axial and Oblique mode - Rt60 - Decibels, FS and VU - Speaker Placement - Isolated Construction - SBIR - Sketchup and Room Design
Ronak Runwal is the co founder of Gray Spark Audio & Sound Engineering Academy. He formed the Academy with the goal to equip students with the skill sets needed to be competent audio professionals. Ronak has worked as a Recording / Mixing and Mastering Engineer for over 10 years . He has also worked as a Chief Acoustician for multiple projects across the country and brings his cumulative experience in these fields to train the students of our Academy.
Nitin Muralikrishna is a music producer, recording and mixing engineer. He has completed a Masters Degree in Music Production, Technology and Innovation from Berklee Valencia. He has worked at Wisseloord Studios in Netherlands where he produced, recorded and mixed the work of musicians from different parts of the world, such as Steve Umculo, Micheal Bester Jazz Quintet, Ricardo Osorno Jazz Trio and more. Domestically, he has worked with Think Future Creations, SE pictures and Divo Movies. Nitin is also the keyboardist and co-producer of the band ‘Easy Wanderlings’. He believes in giving importance to every small sonic element that cumulatively forms a multi-layered arrangement.