- Waves and Oscillations - Wavelength, Frequency, Amplitude and Speed of Sound - Harmonics, Overtones and Music - Wave Propagation - Sound Localization - Wave Propagation, diffusion, absorption and deflection - Phases - Mono and Stereo - Frequency Response, Octave Ranges
- Voltage, Power, Resistance, Capacitance - AC and DC - Resistors,Capacitors, Diodes, Triodes and Vaccum Tubes - Transformers, Rheostats, Moving Coil Principles - Faradays Law and Flux - Class A and Class B amplifiers - Hi-fi Amplification - Preamps Electronics - EQ Compressors and Gates
Basics of Micing
- Diaphragm Movement - Larynx and Difference between male and female diaphragms - Dynamic Microphone - Condenser Microphones and capacitance - Ribbon Microphones - XY, AB, micing techniques - Mid-Side, ORTF and Bluemlien Pair - Polar Patterns and Frequency Response
- Introduction to MIDI - Using MIDI in workflow - Designing sounds and working with softsynths - Introduction to Synthesis - Working with different styles of arrangements - Octaves and Voicings - Advanced Production Techniques
- AD & DA - Sample Rate, Bit Depth, Clock - File Formats - Pro Tools 101 - Routing and Signal Chain - Setting up Hardware - Analog Vs Digital - Pro Tools 111 - Nuendo (DAW) Basics - Logic (DAW) Basics
- Room Modes - Resonances - Golden ratios - Tangential, axial and Oblique mode - Rt60 - Decibels, FS and VU - Speaker Placement - Isolated Construction - SBIR - Sketchup and Room Design
Course Starts in April 2023
Understand our teaching philosophy
Our course is geared towards a more practical approach where the students learn on the job
We have 4 state of the Art Studios which are completely accessible for our students to learn, experiment and build their student portfolios in.
Studio A the prime mixing mastering suite with a large space for recording 25 musicians. The equipments and gears ranges from everything in analog and digital, and with a wide range of microphone and preamps.
Studio B a smaller version of studio A with digital gears and selective microphones, this space has been created to enable solo instrument tracking, vocal tracking, film dubbing and advertisement and sound design.
Studio D also known as Classroom is a space only dedicated for students. A two acoustically treated room space ie. a control room and a massive live room which is big enough to track a 5 piece band and conduct regular classes for 30 students. This space has two workstations and is equipped with Dynaudio Monitors for the best listening experience and a range of interfaces and preamps.